miércoles, 24 de febrero de 2010

Today I love...THE BURIED LIFE





Ever since I saw "The Bucket List" a 2007 movie with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman I've been a fan of having a bucket list. You know, a list of "Things TO DO before you die". Mine has kind of subdivisions. Some of the things are "before I die" others "before I get married" other "before I have children" and so on. I had a resolution this year and it was to actually try and do what my list said. Since I know that most of us just us the list as a "wish list". I made a plan and it was to really make it a "to do" list not just a "wish list". Some of the things are hard to do because of time, some others cost money and others like "skydiving" need of friends to do it with me but all my friends are chicken !!!!

Me and my bf have always talked of taking time after college(a year or so) to go out, travel and do everything on our list. It is a great idea in paper but as most people I always chicken out and take the lets keep-studying-and-make-money-while slowly-scratching-our-list route.

So I was very surprised when approximately 2 weeks ago I saw a commercial of four hot guys doing what I wanted to do !!! ( they ripped me off just so u know haha). I went to a friend and said how great and fun the show looked and he said: "Why would you think is fun to see people doing what we all want to do? Isn't it funner to do it yourself? Besides they are getting paid for it."
I really never pay attention to reality shows when they are trying to look real but for some reason I had to know if this was for real or not. Were the guys really on a "mission", so what did I do? Google-it of course, and there it was.
First a brief introduction of the project...



The Buried Life:
Relying on goodwill, guts and gumption Duncan, Ben, Dave and Jonnie travel the globe in a purple transit bus to complete a list of ‘100 things to do before you die’ and to help and encourage others to go after their own lists. (from theburiedlife.com)

Saw the webpage, the videos and fell in love ( That is if it really as real as they say). Their tour consist of attempting to cross things of their list and asking strangers one of the best questions anyone could ever answer; "What do you wanna do before you die?". People answer, some with crazy adventurous items and some with more profound untangible items ( I have some points in mine that Jonnie Penn could help me with ;) ).

So did I believe they are doing this for themselves, Yes ! Hopefully they are not attention cravers or wannabe actors from MTV. If not, I love their show not because its fun to watch but because they are doing what every single person thinks of doing at some point in their life.

Today I love THE BURIED LIFE.
But I'm not done. I wanna get to know the guys and what the shows effects should be. So it seems like my love this week is taken by The Buried Life, so
to be continued...
http://theburiedlife.com/blog/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario